Disclaimer: Okay, so Tennessee isn't technically the dirty south and I don't think my permanent site is dirty (in case PC is reading this), but I like my title for this post and I'm keeping it.
Anyway, May 26thish I'm moving to Ait Ouafqa, a small town of about 4500. I'm about 45 minutes from Tafraoute (which you can actually find on google maps) in the Tiznit province. All this means I'm in the Anti-Atlas mountains next to the Sahara. So I can look forward to 125 degree weather in the summer and below freezing weather in the winter. Also, I'm in one of the more conservative areas in Morocco and according to wikipedia the residents are not known for their hospitality. I'm going on a one week site visit on Monday, so I'll let you know how it really is when I get back. Fingers waaaaay crossed.
 |
| Ait Ouafqa (according to google images) |
 |
| My home for the next two years... |
No comments:
Post a Comment