Now that Morocco is only a mere 32 days away, it's pretty much all anyone talks to me about and that's totally understandable. My reaction of, "Morocco! I know! So exciting! I have to go over here for a minute! Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!", is not however. Let me preface this by saying I am not backing out of Peace Corps or even seriously considering it (I maybe occasionally have fantasies of running away to Texas, pretending I did Peace Corps, faking some pictures of camels, and telling no one but Britany what really happened), I'm just having a standard Alisa freak out, but on a much, much larger scale. I don't really like change, but sometimes I become a little masochistic and decide I need to shake things up and in a big way. So I move to DC for school instead of going to Tech like all my friends, and I shoot for a job that let me travel all over the place for a bunch of crazy Saudis instead of playing it safe at the bank, and now I'm doing Peace Corps. In case you didn't notice, the biggest, craziest change of the above three? It's Peace Corps. Hence the epic Alisa freak out. Honestly, I'm sure I'll be fine in Morocco and it'll end up being the best thing I've ever done, but right now I can't even think about it lest I induce cardiac arrest.
And now we get to the point of the title of this entry. I've discovered a wonderful, wonderful coping mechanism and his name is Biggie Smalls. When I start freaking out about whether or not I can actually handle Peace Corps and Morocco and all that they'll entail, I just put on some Biggie ("grab your **censored, so I don't offend my poor Mother** if you love hip-hop, rub your **censored again!** if you love Big Poppa") and I instantly become the most badass version of myself possible (admittedly that's still not very b.a., but it's an improvement, all right?). So if I start sounding like a deceased (RIP) New York rapper, don't judge. I'm just coping, okay?
And now some random stuff. Below is a picture of my luggage. I've had some serious buyer's remorse (also part of the epic Alisa freak out) about if I bought the right type of duffel, but I think it's going to be okay.
And just FYI everyone, I'll be in DC until the 27th-ish and then back in Bristol until March 13th.
So, Morocco! I know! So exciting! I have to go over here for a minute! Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Don't freak! You'll be ok. But if you really do decide to skip it all and go to Texas, let me know, too. I can help you mock up some "are these really real?" pictures of camels to help make your story believable. But seriously, you'll be great. I know it! If you want to talk about something else, let me know. We can talk about anything or nothing at all but at least I'd get to see you again before you leave me behind for your great adventure! - Morgan
ReplyDeleteThank you, Morgan!! I freak out about everything ever, so I think I'd be more worried if I wasn't freaking out about PC. I'm sure you're right and I'll be fine and if not then you, me, and B are going to be very busy with photoshop. ;) And brunch! We're grabbing brunch again soon, right?
ReplyDelete